A grade 7c climbing route 60 metres high on la roca de Figueral outside Sierra Engarceran, Castellon, Spain, was named in memory of Roy Trollope in autumn 2010 by the local council of the village where he had spent the last years of his life. The cliff face features in his painting ‘The Cemetery and the Mountain’ (see Spanish Landscapes ’04-’06).
- The paintings 'Touching' 1995 and 'Listening' 1995 (see Paintings and Drawings 1989-1996: Change and Loss), have been acquired by the Towner, Eastbourne, as part of its permanent collection.
Exhibitions after 2006
- Joint Exhibition with Diana Harrison: ‘Interpretations’, 18th - 31st July 2013, Georges House Gallery, 8 The Old High Street, Folkestone, Kent CT20 1RL (strangecargo.org.uk)
- Solo exhibition: ‘Intimacy’, SPACE, 7 the Old High Street, Folkestone, Kent CT20 1RJ (24th October-11th November 2012).
- Solo exhibition, ‘Unfinished Journey’, Strange Cargo/Georges House Gallery, Folkestone, Kent (May - June 2012)
- Summer 2011, painting 'Falling' used as focus for a schools' educational project at the Towner, Eastbourne, to encourage students to look at their local surroundings and which finished with an exhibition 'This is Eastbourne'.
- Christmas group show, West End House Gallery, Kent (Nov - Dec 2011)
- Solo exhibition, ‘Reflections’, 31st October to 7th November 2011, 66 The Old High Street, Folkestone, Kent CT20 1RN. (folkestonetriennial.org.uk)
- Group exhibition, ‘Black and White’, West End House Gallery, Kent (Sept - Oct 2011)
- Folkestone Arts Trust, Triennial Fringe (summer 2011)
- Work included in the exhibition: A Walk in the Park, Towner, Eastbourne (2010)
Exhibitions in Spain between 2001 and 2006
LA GALERIA MAIKE SANCHEZ, VALENCIA
- 2006 ‘Mis Moradas del Maestrazgo’, solo exhibition
- 2004 Interart, Valencia; Alcale, Salamanca
- 2003 Interart, Valencia
LA GALERIA ART DAM, CASTELLON DE LA PLANA
- 2001 ‘Outside and Inside’, solo exhibition
Exhibitions in France
LA GALERIA MERCURE, BEZIERS, FRANCE
- 2006 ‘Outside and Inside’, solo exhibition
Exhibitions in England between 1991 and 1997
- ‘Men, a Space for Reflection’, solo exhibition at the Mary Ogilvie Gallery, Oxford
- ‘Men and Masculinities’, Waterman’s Arts Centre, London
- ‘Journeys/Memories’, Sussex Open, Brighton
- London Group Biannual 1995, Barbican Centre, London
- ‘Heads and Figures’, South East Arts Council Touring Exhibition
- ‘Identity’, Towner, Eastbourne
- ‘The Local’, Brighton Festival, Brighton
1980s concentrated firstly on the development of the first part time fine art degree course in British higher education at St Martin's School of Art, becoming its course leader, and then on important fine art course development at Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design.
1970s exhibited primarily at the House Gallery, London, with a one man show in 1977.
Public Collections and Prizes
- * Winner of the South East Arts painting prize 1995 (Arts Council of Great Britain), painting in the SE Arts collection at Towner, Eastbourne
- ‘Reclining Woman’ 1962, oil on canvas, Arts Council of Great Britain
- Transactions Technology Incorporated, Santa Monica, California
- Paintings for Hospitals
- Imperial War Museum
- Sussex Archaelogical Society
Paintings in private collections in the UK, USA, Spain, Germany and France.
- 1991-1993 Director of Fine Art, Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, London. (1993-1996 Visiting Lecturer, CSM)
- 1989-1990 led development of proposed new BA and MA fine art courses
- 1982-1989 Director of BA (Hons) Fine Art and Critical Studies, St. Martins School of Art, London
- 1973-1982 Senior Lecturer, Department of Foundation Studies, St Martin’s School of Art, London
- 1979 Exchange Lecturer in Painting and Drawing, California State University, Los Angeles
- 1960-1973 Visiting Lecturer: Exeter College of Art; St Martin’s School of Art; Chelsea School of Art; Portsmouth College of Art; West of England Academy, Bristol.